Canadian vendors enjoy access to trade on an international scope. This is no longer just limited to the major outgoing ports, but instead with the expansion of e-commerce, more and more Alberta businesses are capitalizing on opportunities to do business with American and other international clients. Ensuring that you are taking all the proper steps to ensure that tax requirements are being addressed can be critical to your success.
At Rutwind Brar, we have in-house expertise on Canada-U.S. tax compliance and can help you to navigate the needs of your business based on your international activity. This may include:
- Tax compliance advice for both inbound and outbound business
- Tax planning for Canadians who own property and spend winters in the U.S.
- Income tax preparation for U.S. citizens living outside the U.S.
- Non-resident alien U.S. income tax preparation.
- We can help with filing submission for non-compliant U.S. citizens and green card holders
- State tax return preparation for individuals
- Renunciation of U.S. citizenship and the resulting U.S. tax compliance requirements
- FIRPTA withholding tax certificate applications